Butyl stearate CAS:123-95-5 Product introduction
Product name: Butyl stearate
English alias: Stearic acid butyl ester; butyl octadecanoate
Molecular formula: C22H44O2
Molecular weight: 340.58
Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow transparent oil
Butyl stearate properties :
Solubility: Miscible with mineral oil and vegetable oil, soluble in ethanol and ether, slightly soluble in water.
Butyl stearate COA:
|Appearance Form||Colorless to pale yellow transparent oil||Colorless to pale yellow transparent oil|
|Iodine Value(g I2/100g)||≤2||0.82|
|Acid Value (mg KOH/g)||≤3.0||1.99|
|Refractive index, 25℃||1.440-1.445||1.442|
Butyl stearate Application：
1. As a PVC cold-resistant auxiliary plasticizer, this product is widely used in PVC transparent flexible board, cable material, artificial leather and calendered film. Dosage 5-10%.
2. As an internal lubricant, it is widely used in PVC sheets, plates, pipes, pipe fittings, profiled materials and bottle pellets, heat shrinkable films, twisted conjunctival films, and the dosage is 1-3%.
3. As a plasticizer for nitrocellulose and ethyl cellulose, when used in coatings, it can improve the gloss, water resistance and scratch resistance of the coating film. Use, can improve the plasticizing efficiency.
4. Butyl stearate can also improve the processability and release of many resins such as polystyrene, vinyl chloride-vinyl acetate copolymer and nitrile rubber.
5. Butyl stearate can be used as a lubricant for aluminum foil rolling and metal drawing.
6. As a cosmetic auxiliary, it is used as a moisturizing agent for creams and lipsticks.
7. Butyl stearate is a lubricant and mold release agent in the processing of various resins, and is widely used in transparent soft and hard PVC extrusion, injection molding and rolling products and polystyrene products.
8. Butyl stearate can also be used as lubricants, waterproofing agents for metals and fabrics, and additives for lubricating oils, shoe polishes and cosmetics.
9. Butyl stearate can also be used as a plasticizer for nitrocellulose, ethyl fiber and a paint film modifier for coatings, etc.
Butyl stearate Package：
Butyl stearate storage and transportation:
Store in a dry and cool place. Keep away from fire and heat sources. Sunscreen, moisture-proof, etc. during transportation, non-dangerous goods
Butyl stearate Related Products——Environmentally friendly plasticizerspices:
|Acetyl tributyl citrate||77-90-7|