Poly(ethylene glycol) CAS:25322-68-3 Product introduction
Product Name: Poly(ethylene glycol)
CAS No.: 25322-68-3
Molecular formula: OH(CH2CH2O)nH
Water content(%): ≤1.0%
Poly(ethylene glycol) Characteristic:
The properties vary according to the relative molecular mass, from colorless and odorless viscous liquid to waxy solid. Those with molecular weights of 200 to 600 are liquid at room temperature, and those with molecular weights above 600 gradually become semi-solid, and the properties vary with the average molecular weight. From colorless and odorless sticky liquid to waxy solid. As the molecular weight increases, its moisture absorption capacity decreases accordingly. The product is soluble in water, ethanol and many other organic solvents. Low vapor pressure, stable to heat, acid and alkali. It does not interact with many chemicals. It has good hygroscopicity, lubricity and adhesion. Non-toxic, non-irritating.
Poly(ethylene glycol) COA:
|Type||Appearance( 25℃)||color||Hydroxyl value mgKOH/g||Molecular weight||Freezing point(℃)||Package
200kg per drum
|PEG-800||Milky white paste||≤30||127~156||720~880||26～32|
|PEG-1000||Milky white paste||≤40||102~125||900~1100||38～41|
|PEG-1500||Milky white solids||≤40||68~83||1350~1650||43～46||25kg per bag|
|PEG-2000||Milky white solids||≤50||51~63||1800~2200||48～50|
|PEG-3000||Milky white solids||≤50||34~42||2700~3300||51～53|
|PEG-4000||Milky white solids||≤50||26~32||3500~4400||53～54|
|PEG-6000||Milky white solids||≤50||17.5~20||5500~7000||54～60|
|PEG-8000||Milky white solids||≤50||12~16||7200~8800||60～63|
Poly(ethylene glycol) Application:
1. Low relative molecular mass polyethylene glycol (Mr<2000) is suitable for use as wetting agent and consistency regulator for creams, lotions, toothpastes and shaving creams, etc. It is also suitable for hair care products that are not washed to give hair a silky shine.
2. Polyethylene glycol with high relative molecular mass (Mr>2000) is suitable for lip balm, deodorant stick, soap, shaving soap, foundation and beauty cosmetics, etc.
3. In detergents, polyethylene glycols are also used as suspending agents and thickeners.
In the pharmaceutical industry, it is used as a base for ointments, emulsions, ointments, lotions and suppositories.
4. In rubber, metal processing, pesticide and other industries as dispersant, lubricant, emulsifier and other uses medium of organic synthesis
5. Used as flocculant, fluid friction reducing agent, textile type wetting agent, retention aid and filter aid, binder, thickening agent and denture fixing agent
6. Used as casting agent, metal drawing, stamping and molding lubricant, paper industry lubricant, cutting fluid, lapping fluid cooling lubrication, polishing agent, etc. Used as PVC lubricant, masterbatch additive, textile softener, pigment dispersant, etc.
7. As paper additive, it can improve the retention rate of filler and fine fiber. It has good dispersibility, certain wettability, drag reduction and pyrolysis when the relative molecular mass is above 3 million. It is an effective anti-flocculant. It can be added into the pulping to improve the viscosity of the pulp, prevent the fibers from adhering to each other, improve the evenness of the paper, reduce the pulping power consumption and improve the physical strength.
Poly(ethylene glycol) Package:
Poly(ethylene glycol) storage and transportation:
Store in a dry and ventilated place, avoid sunlight and rain.
Related Products——PEG series:
For specific prices, You can leave your email, our staff will send it to your email immediately.
We have it in stock and ready to ship.
Detailed usage is in the product details page.