Sodium propionate CAS:137-40-6 Product introduction
Product name:Sodium propionate
Appearance:Colorless transparent crystals, granules or white crystalline powder
Sodium propionate Characteristic:
Odorless or slightly propionic acid odor. Deliquescence, easily soluble in water, soluble in ethanol, slightly soluble in acetone.
Sodium propionate COA:
|10%溶液 PH 值 10% Solution PH||/||7.8–9 .2||7–9||/||7.8–9 .2|
|砷(以 As2O3 计) Arsenic (as As2O3)||≤3 mg/kg||/||/||/||/|
|重金属(以 Pb 计) Heavy Metals (as Pb)||≤4 mg/kg||≤10ppm||≤2 mg/kg||≤0.001%||≤10ppm|
|铁(Fe) Iron (Fe)||≤0.003%||≤10ppm||≤0.003%||/||≤10ppm|
Sodium propionate Application:
1. Used as a preservative to prevent mildew in cakes, bayberry, etc.
2. Used as a fungicide and an antifungal agent
3. Preservatives; antifungal agents.
4. Sodium propionate liquid wet acid type preservative, its bacteriostatic effect is affected by environmental pH. The minimum inhibitory concentration was 0.01% at pH 5.0 and 0.5% at pH 6.5. It has strong inhibitory effect on various molds, aerobic bacillus or gram-negative bacilli in acidic medium. It has special effects on preventing the production of aflatoxin, but is almost ineffective on yeast. In addition, it is also used as a food preservative.
5. It is used as a masking agent in tanning to improve the alkali resistance of leather and the uniformity of tanning.
6. Sodium propionate is also an acid-type food preservative, and its bacteriostatic effect is affected by the pH value of the Chemicalbook environment. The minimum inhibitory concentration was 0.01% at pH 5.0 and 0.5% at pH 6.5. It has a strong inhibitory effect on various molds, gram-negative bacilli or aerobic bacillus in acidic medium. It has special effects on preventing the production of aflatoxin, but is almost ineffective on yeast. In the food industry, it can be used for the preservation of cakes, and the usage amount is 2.5g/kg (calculated as propionic acid, the same below); the maximum usage amount is 50g/kg in 3% to 5% aqueous solution soaking bayberry. It can also be used as an antifungal agent for feed.
7. Bactericides, antifungal agents. Determination of transaminases. Food, feed and antiseptic, antifungal agent. The general addition amount is 0.1-0.3%.
Net weight 25kg, paper-plastic composite bag or woven bag, lined with PE bag, can also be customized according to customer requirements.
Store in a closed, cool, dry and ventilated place, and do not mix with toxic chemicals for transportation and storage.